Re: XyWrite in a big CRT monitor

I think I have found the solution to my problem. As I have explained
here, the default font looks very ugly on a 21" monitor (the pixels are
very visible). I tested two procedures to try to solve the problem:
- First, I used programs to change the VGA font, maintaining the full
screen DOS mode under Windows. For example: FontEdit or FontPak DOS. But
no comfortable solution in 80x25 mode, even after testing a lot of
different fonts (the problem with very visible "pixelation" always
remains).
- Second, I used the Uwe Siebert's freeware fonts and I changed to 41
lines mode in XyWrite, running the program inside a Windows window. A
lot better (under Windows, not in a DOS full screen session)! I had a
very comfortable screen with a lot of visible lines. The only remaining
problem was the rest of the screen, the typical Windows screen. Then I
used a freeware Siebert's utility called ConsoleBlackFill that
automatically makes the rest of the screen black when a DOS windows
screen is active. This is the right solution for me. Now I am waiting
for more Siebert's fonts (the licensed ones, USD $6) to have a full
screen XyWrite Windows window in 1280x1024 mode.
Maybe my research could be useful for someone on the list. These are the
URLs:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/dosfon_e.html
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/dosfonfe.html
Best regards,