Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames - XyShell NOT Required

Robert, thanks for the clarification on Xy2PDF. As for TYP, the printer
is an Epson Stylus C82. With what "port" should I associate my
PostGhost.prn file in the PP table?
Here's what I currently have
PP:4
1	d:\xyw4dos\ASCII.PRN	Text Only
1	D:\XYW4DOS\POSTGHST.prn	Postscript for PDF
1	d:\xyw4dos\NEC2200X.PRN	NEC Dot matrix
LPT2	D:\XYW4DOS\HPLJ-4.PRN	DJ 855C On Nancy

ASCII isn't really connected to a port; I just use it (very rarely, come
to think of it) for quick-and-dirty export to plain text. And the dot
matrix isn't currently hooked up, but could be. Within Windows, the DJ
855C was installed as a Network printer, at which point BBBG graciously
(that's ironic, if you didn't know) asked if I printed from MS-DOS
programs, and permitted me to "map" the USB port to the (nonexistent)
LPT2. But you cannot do that, either thru the GUI or by using Net Use, in
9x; we established that last November (i.e., 2003; your post on the 8th,
my response on the 20th). I just tried again, using the Windows
Printers-->Details-->Capture Printer port. No go. I think I even tried it
once, on the office setup, invoking kmd.exe in the hope that might work.
Didn't.

LPT2 is, of course, nonexistent as hardware and mapped to the network
printer on another PC. I will try reversing the procedure (install Gs and
GSView on the other PC--or will they run there? That's running 95C--add
PostGhst.prn to XyWrite's PP table, and map the Epson as a network
printer). That should give us a fair insight into what's going on. But
not, probably, before the weekend. The paper will take up all of tomorrow
and Wed., and I simply MUST bake.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx