Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

Patricia wrote:
While you're at it, you could also change those numbers to autoincrementing ones, so that if you decided to move any of those paragraphs to another place in the list, the number would automatically change. Thus:

ci /N)/≪c1≫./
Natch, but that defeats the point of my example: if you want to go to
≪c1≫) you don't need a wildcard search and replace! Your example works
even in III+.
But the need for wildcard search and replace is real. Here's another
example. Suppose you want to change all MoDe commands to some non-Xy
format, say from the guillemets to simple angle brackets, without the MD.
In IV you can do:

ci /≪mdW≫//
Re notation: here the double angle brackets mean the guillemets and the capital W means the "wild string" wildcard. So this one command does all the (sample of) changes below:

≪MDUL≫ becomes
and so on--all changed with one command. It occurs to me that you could do this in two commands in III+:
ci /≪MD//
ci /≫/>/
--but that runs the risk of changing some closing guillemets that didn't come after ≪MD but after say ≪IP5,0

Anyway, these are only *examples*.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx