QUARK TAGS

XY-> In re Quark Style Sheets substitutions:

XY-> I would avoid the wildcard search and replace option because conceivably
  -> there could be strings with more than 80 characters, especially in, say, an
  -> italicized intro to a long piece.

One could say that after all the boldface are replaced, it would
almost be safe to replace each remaining MDNM with ; however,
if we do go into the actual programming, it's possible to be more
exact.

XY-> I would prefer to do this with 2 labels

XY-> <> BC se /<>/XC <><><>GT BD [(6X)]  BC se
  -> /<>/XC {same} <> < same with <> instead.

One of the problems with the above is that (for Xyw 3+ anyway)
one can go direct from MDBO to MDUL to MDNM, not to mention
various other MDs that can interrupt. Anyway, going from MDBO to
MDNM can cut out an intervening mode. An alternative program
would be as follows:

The search (after expanding the display) would be for "<