Re: Tim's renowned .DLG & .MNU files {was: Re: DSL, Win XP and Xy}

I think compact.zip is the one. The original submission was enhance.xxx, but I had some memory problems with it and shortened the file a bit (compact, get it?).

Some stuff may be out of date - for instance, the PKZip stuff in the menu/dialog. But we all know
that XPL is endlessly cusomizable.

For those unfamiliar: The "compact" stuff is basically out-of-the-box menus/dialogs, with
routines I added. There may have been some OEM routines removed, but I don't recall what they were.

The "set" file is a U@ that is no competition for the Jumbo set, which I had no hand in,
and it may actually conflict with Jumbo (I've never tested this).

Compact.set has command enhancements, some of which work in conjunction with compact.dlg. The
"dox" file should give at least some details.

Convert.u1 allows for batch conversions using the w4w filters.

I'm puzzled by the later date of the Enhance stuff. No explanation; maybe Nathan can elucidate.

One or two caveats:
My stuff was for Xy4DOS only; it was never tested in XyWin and is definitely not compatible with
III+. Some routines that go (sometimes invisibly) out to DOS may not work in Windows versions later
than 95. I'm having my own difficulties with WinXP. And I would be surprised if anything worked in
Windows 3.x.

I can't go into much further detail about features; there's a lot to discover - conversion to/from
curly quotes, dashes, and ligatured letters (Speedo only); a Refresh command that reverts to the
last saved version; a slightly more robust logging-of-current-state routine; a quirky but powerful
Query/Extraction routine; improvements in outlining; and so on.

If you continue to have problems finding the stuff, let me know. I still have my local working
copies, which aren't identical to what's in the archive and may be a bit quirkier.

Tim Baehr