Tim's renowned .DLG & .MNU files {was: Re: DSL, Win XP and Xy}

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The XyPower collection is strictly III+ (or at least it was never vetted for Xy4DOS and has only III+ XPL).

Possibly this explains why some of these routines that I have tried in 4.x (the SNAKE ones come to
mind) do not work at all for me. In that example, the equivalent routine in jumbo .U2 does.

> The menu/dialog modifications for Xy4DOS that I wrote should be somewhere in the XyWrite discussion group archives, but I don't know how to get at them.

I was looking for those for quite some time, and no one at the time managed to i.d. the relevant
files, or their locations. In the course of all that, I wandered far and wide -- probably including
visits to a couple long forgotten ftp sites -- and if I saw something promising, I grabbed it.
(Recall what disappeared with the TTG site, and
that Hungarian site that used to have the last iteration of the MasterSoft filters. Didn't want to
have one of those slip away again, without having picked up any contents of interest . . . . ) So,
whether or not these items are still available in some dusty basement of the List archives, I hope
that I found them. Now the trick is
determining what exactly is _what_. Even where the likely Zipfiles have some sort of ReadMe
included, it may not unequivocally do this. (And there may have been different revisions thereof ?)
 For that, I hope Tim can i.d. the leading suspects, in which case I can make them available to
whomever wants them, should that be necessary.
Consider the following:

  !README  1ST    3083  11-14-95  9:15pm
  COMPACT  ZIP   255691   2-01-96  4:22pm

This ReadMe belongs to this archive. I may attach it below, if there is room. The zip contains:

 Viewing .ZIP: COMPACT.ZIP

 Length   Date   Name
 ------   ----   ----
 770541  02/02/96  COMPACT.DLG
  51846  02/01/96  COMPACT.MNU
  26137  02/09/96  COMPACT.DOX
  11884  01/26/96  COMPACT.KBD
  19589  11/12/95  COMPACT.SET
  3083  11/14/95  !README.1ST
  2155  04/14/94  -MASTER1.TPL
  1070  04/14/94  -MASTER2.TPL
   465  04/13/94  -SIMPLE.TPL
  4965  02/02/96  CONVERT.U1
  ------

   ENHANCE  ZIP   227739   7-21-96

ENHANCE contains:

Viewing .ZIP: ENHANCE.ZIP

 Length   Date   Name
 ------   ----   ----
  3813  07/21/96  AUDIT
 769694  07/21/96  ENHANCE.DLG
 25966  07/21/96  ENHANCE.SET
  796  07/21/96  README.721

There is also

  XPLNS   ZIP    36104   5-02-98  6:23pm

which looks to be a collection of items put together by Nathan Sivin, and seems unrelated.

And finally, I'm not sure what these are, but could post a couple excerpts, if that would prove
helpful. For these two, disregard the file dates, as they must have been adjusted by Netscape
during the download.

  XY4_CF  DLG   737452   1-24-01  1:11pm
  XY4_CF  MNU    24176   1-24-01  1:11pm

Jordan