RE: Bill Gates car

> Date:     Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:19:11 -0600
> From:     "Harrison, Shawn"

> . . . Linux has the same aim of "world
> domination", but the whole point is to let everyone have the right
> to use, modify, redistribute, and sell the OS. No "subjugation" is
> even possible, really. It's not for nothing that one of the leading
> organizations is called "Software in the Public Interest"  organization behind the Debian Linux distribution>.

As Shawn says, what a contrast. . . . A minor modification:
'world domination' emphasizes open code in general -- as opposed to
customer control via trade secrets.

Nor does Linus Torvalds wish to emulate or clone Bill Gates (how
ghastly); recently he said it might be best for everyone if Linux
never exceeded, say, 25% of the operating-system market.

Sam Martin has asked about Linux mailing lists; I suggest

http://www.linuxlinks.com

which leads to multitudinous sources.

Ob-note: How nice if XyWrite's source code were available under the
General Public License.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle