Earlier today I posted a message to the XyWrite mailing list, asking

 > Does anyone have an XPL for inputting function calls on the command line?
 > I mean the job done by the old PFUNC.PM in Xy 3+.

I owe everyone an apology. I've looked back in my (incredibly jumbled)
back-catalogue of old messages from the List, and I see that on Christmas Day
Robert Holmgren sent a program that -- to judge from the message he sent with it
-- shows that he understood my problem.

As well as overlooking Holmgren's earlier posting when I sent my new message, I
suspect that I also mistitled the new message: I think I wanted a successor to
Tyson's FUNCCMD.PM, not PFUNC.PM.

As Holmgren recognized, what I want is to be able to put the two-letter symbol
for a func.call, in its "bold" func.call form, *within the argument* on the
command line. Thus, for instance, I might want to issue a CIA or CVA command
that would globally or selectively change func.call BC to BX; or I might want to
go to the end of the file, and issue a back-search SEB command for func.call DP
(let's say I've realized that the program won't work unless every DP is preceded
by ES to undefine the paragraph previously worked on).

The trouble is, the file Holmgren sent at Christmas (PFUN.FRM) was in UUencoded
form, but I couldn't figure out how to decode it, and I didn't get around to
asking for help then.

Apologies to all for my ineptitude; and especially to Holmgren for my apparent
lack of gratitude.

Regards,
					Eric Van Tassel