Re: general curiosity

The subject line remains pertinent.

As I fear everyone on the list knows, I tried thrice this morning to
post on this topic. The third time seems (from here) to have been
the charm, but the first & second attempts resulted in truncation.

A few months ago the same thing happened, also in posts to this list.
I do not know it to have occurred in transactions elsewhere.

Testing suggests to me that the truncation occurs in the mail-list
program at Penn.

Has anyone else suffered in the same way?

I will now reveal that in today's third attempt I removed the 3 dots
I'd inserted in column 1 to indicate material elided from a quote. .
. . It all brings on bad vibes, reviving memory of WordStar's dot
commands.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle