Re: LOG [was Re: Now XP can't tell the TIME]

This would be a perfect fit for the Jumbo U2 LOG routine.

Carl, I'm going to try this; it sounds great. I hardly
ever use Jumbo because I'm too lazy to figure out
the documentation. But I know that I would make
my life easier if I put in the time to learn this wonderful
programming achievement.

One question again: what's the setting to make Xy4
display more than 25 lines of text? It's so easy to make
the DOS windows in XP display any amount of lines
(including scrollability, by using the buffer command)
that I would really like to play with having Xy4 display
more than its usual 25 lines. I'm so happy to get this
thing working!

One more thing. I couldn't get my old-ish Eudrora 4.3
to work in XP: it just said couldn't find phone book entry.
The reason was that I had changed to a cable modem
from dialup. You just go into Eudora options and in
the Internet Dialup disable the box that says connect
via dialup. A cinch, but you can't find it on Eudora's
site. All in all, the only manufacturer whose website
I have ever found can answer questions is Apple's.
MS's is just awful.

I prefer the MacOS (classic) more and more, and with
every day I use windows, but all in all, XP is not that
bad, and the Apple laptops just didn't have enough
screen resolution and were too expensive. I think I could
have run Xy4 satisfactorily under Virtual PC on the Mac, but
then I would have lost the ability to use Windows programs.
I find that working with a Mac desktop and a Win PC is an
OK modus operandi.