Re: Winmail.dat, anyone else getting this at the end of mail...

Frank Heydenrych wrote:

>> The problem is, I keep on changing one setting and then for some months
>> it's fine, then it pops up again. Then one person receives it, then no one
>> ... I suspect that what's happening is some people's e-mail readers are
>> converting my autosignature.

Sorry, no. If you care to open that stupid attachment, then what you see is
NOT any signature, but the your text message repeated.

What your mail program is doing is taking your message and appending a UUE
encoded version of the same. "Signature" is clearly the wrong place to
look. This rather looks like another attempt by Microsoft to introduce
fancy formatting into e-mail. I asked you before if you unchecked that
option "send in internet format" in Outlook. Did you?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)