RE: Winmail.dat, anyone else getting this at the end of mail...

Here's how your message comes up in Pegasus Mail. Note the first and
last lines:

> This message has attachments; click 'Attachment' to see them.
>
> The problem is, I keep on changing one setting and then for some months
> it's fine, then it pops up again. Then one person receives it, then no one
> ... I suspect that what's happening is some people's e-mail readers are
> converting my autosignature. I killed my autosig for a while and it seemed
> to stop. For instance, is there a WINMAIL.DAT at the end of this e-mail,
> which is a reply and therefore shouldn't carry an autosig?
>
> In my PR business I need the autosig ... and only Outlook cuts it.
> Shoot!!!!
>
> Frank
>
> begin 600 WINM

It seems to me that an autosig which is in anything other than straight
text isn't terribly useful. I've now received several of your "attachments,"
and I still don't know what your autosig contains.

Pegasus Mail allows you to set up multiple profiles (for instance, one for
business A, one for business B, one for personal mail, etc.), each of
which can have up to nine signatures, any of which can be set as the
default or selected on the fly. What does Outlook do (other than annoy
recipients with its default HTML mode) that Pegasus Mail doesn't?

Best,

   K-Mac

  ] Tomorrow morning, all of the guns will stop working.
  ]      What will happen tomorrow night?
  ] THE TRIGGER, a new novel by Arthur C. Clarke & Michael Kube-McDowell
  ] Visit me on the Web: http://K-Mac.home.att.net