Re: Windows XP?

I'm not a heavy-duty user of XP so far, but it's had very few crashes for me. XyWrite runs just fine, except for some XPL programs that shell out to DOS and try to invoke a Windows program. I have no other DOS programs to try.

The "DOS" box (actually some kind of emulation, I guess) is a bit limited, but I haven't
explored how.

My XP came with a new machine; I wouldn't begin to entertain the hassles of changing operating
systems on an existing machine. Switching over files from the old W95 machine was mostly sneakernet
plus e-mailing stuff to myself. XyDOS went over as copied files; I didn't reinstall from the
diskettes. My next project is to network the old W95 machines into my router, at least for a while,
to be sure I can get to old files that didn't make the initial transfer.

XP does have some gotchas, including non-support for some legacy hardware (my HP IIIP is fine, my
scanner is toast).

Cheers,
Tim Baehr