powertoys/kerneltoys

>, I use the kernel toys to remap the caps lock
>key to alt, the control key to caps lock, and the alt key to control.
>That is all very well for Windows 95 -- it works perfectly well . . .

Jesus! I've been perishing for the lack of key remapping in Win95. Please,
please tell us how to do that (step by step).
Harry Binswanger
Step by step? If only I could remember. This is for W95 only. You
may want two things from www.microsoft.com: powertoys and kernel
toys. The keyboard remapping thing is in kernel toys and is called
keyremap. Unlike all the things you could get for Dos and Win3.1
that kind of did this, it really seems to work with absolutely all
programs (including DOS Window programs, like Xy4/DOS) with
absolutely no problems. I think if you go to a search engine and
look for kernel toys you'll find the reference to the MS website. I've
never been able to find anything at all using the search tools
on the actual MS website (unlike Apple's website which really
seems to work). OK OK I searched. The address is:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/krnltoy.htm
	Once you've downloaded these two files (you'll be shocked
to discover that they are very, very small. When I say very, very small,
I don't mean 'merely' 4MB. They're small) ... stop! BEFORE you
download, read the information on the page very carefully. Installation
is not at all what you would expect. Basically, you have to expand
the files into a folder, show them in explorer, then right click on the
appropriate INF file (in this case it would be KEYREMAP.INF), then
click on INSTALL.
	I'm afraid I'm describing this all very badly. It's very easy. -- Bill

Bill Troop / PC Graphics & Video/MacWeek/DTP Journal/NT Studio
POB 1618
31 Abrahams Landing Road
Amagansett, NY 11930-1618
Tel 516 267 9730 Telecopy 516 267 6965