Re: Conundrum

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Here's one home-brew way that I've used to de-nun your conundrum (a
> meaningless word, BTW).
>
> -----------
> Robert Holmgren
> holmgren@xxxxxxxx
> -----------

Mr. Holmgren, you are by all indications a genius at programming,
especially in connection with the various iterations of XyWrite, and
your occasional fits of pique and flashes of hauteur are undoubtedly a
product of the impatience of genius for lesser intellects. I do not
possess the knowledge to appreciate your programming ability and can
only stand by, slack-jawed in admiration, as your brilliant fellows heap
encomiums upon you. Therefore, if you are referring above to "conundrum"
as a term of art in computerese, its "meaninglessness" is surely beyond
my ken. If, however, your aside was directed at the common use of the
referenced word, please deign to enlighten the sub-humans grunting and
barking out the same English language without your multifaceted mastery:
why meaningless?

Jeffrey G. Purvis
gottlos@xxxxxxxx