Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

At 10:58 AM 6/3/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Everybody should have a recovery CD that *works* -- that boots and gives access to all your hard drives, without actually booting your main operating system!
For the record and general information, BartPe does this through a WinLite environment, as it were. There's also a utility here http://www.bootdisk.com/ntfs.htm that you can include on a boot CD that lets you access your NTFS drive. (Yes, I understand that just one Fat32 partition would make this moot.) Save these two, are there any other boot disk setups that let you access all drives, NTFS, FAT32? I've used BartPe to recover from a corrupted registry, a registry I corrupted. And when you first proposed a XY plugin I couldn't figure out how XY might be used as a recovery tool, save as a plain text editor to make corrections in a corrupted file. But it sure looks attractive as a portable XY. So, please, sign me up too. And I volunteer as a tester. Michael Norman