Strange behavior under OS/2

I use XyWrite 4 for DOS, under OS/2 Warp, Version 3. Lately, I've had
something strange happen. For about the past week, about seven XyWrite
files, all in the same directory (I set up a separate sub-directory for
each client), have acted strangely. Whenever OS/2 starts up or reboots,
the settings notebooks for these seven XyWrite files open up. I close
them by double-clicking on the upper left corner, but when OS/2 starts up
again, they are open again.

I've tried changing settings in the settings notebooks and then closing.
I've tried modifying the files from within XyWrite and saving them.
Whatever I do, these seven files' settings notebooks keep opening up when
OS/2 starts up. What's going on?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                    lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/