Re: Word Count in XYWdos4.017

On 10/16/96 at 09:57 AM,
  Robert Woods  said (in so many words):

<- Whether in expanded or
<- draft view, XYW counts all footnote words (and I suppose LB words too).
<- I've had to write an XPL program to get rid of foonotes in order to get
<- an accurate count.

As far as I know, it's a bug (feature). Getting rid of the footnotes (and
reinstating automatically?) seems one way. Doing a tys, with the footnotes
as endnotes(i.e., with NF stuck at the beginning--you don't actually have
to format and dump them), and then counting in the review window is
another(oops, have to strip the running headers, etal). Writing a program
that did this would work: select a footnote, WC it, add to total, select
next footnote, WC it, add to total, ... Then WC the whole document and
substract the footnote count. (alternatively, select successively text
between footnotes and do a WC and cumulative count on those.)

--
                     Regards,
                     David

After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives.
                 --Oscar Wilde

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU