Report on MojoPac

My Norwegian friend has now tried Xy on MojoPac's virtual machine. Here's
his email to me:

I now ran, briefly, MojoPac from my 256Mb USB memstick. It ran DOS XyW fine, like I before did on the USB hard drive install -- things seemed normal. Then I ran some Win app I had copied to the memstick, and it crashed. I don't know if it's MP's fault or something else. I rebooted and tested some more, and now it ran without any hitches. A USB memstick is slower at I/O than a USB hard drive, so startup is a bit sluggish, aside from that the speed of apps seem fine.
What I keep liking the most is the drop-dead-easy way of running a
VM. It's of course doomed to be the same OS as your original MojoPac
installer host OS, so it's no test bed for other OS'es, but that aside it's
a damn slick VM implementation.
I suspect MP kinda works pretty well "always, or for the most part." [HB: A
reference to Aristotle.] IOW, it's like Life itself.
I'll probably wait a while longer before I buy this $50 app, as I think
some more point updates will serve it well, but I'd surprise myself if I
didn't eventually get it. I will then probably run it from one of those
small USB hard drives which are powered via the USB port, to get the speed
of a hard drive without the hassle of an extra power adapter -- for God
knows I don't need more of those in my life!

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx