RE: F5--and everything went black...

Patricia,

Might you be, somehow, calling "ntvdm.exe" directly? I notice that if you try to execute
it manually you get that brief flicker of a
DOS box.

-B

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

So when I launch Xy with a batch file, it opens--and closes again
immediately. I need to find out what command I have to include to make
it stay open. (By the by, this is very promising: I could not get
dBase 5 for DOs to stay open in W2K, and assumed it was just
incompatible. But one has to launch that with a batch file, as there
are several parameters and values that have to be set beforehand. So
if I can find the command to embed, I may be able to use it still.)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.