Re: Attachments

Rene, quite justifiably irritated, intones:

> "I think it is rude to send attachments to a mailing list, not to ask the offender to stop it.
>
> "And I can not believe there is no solution. Look at your Microsoft Mail. There must be some menu item like "options" or `preferences'. Go there and look carefully. There has to be a switch for this. Look for euphemisms like "formatted e-mail" or some such."

I agree that the rudeness does not lie with Rene. And I agree with Rene's assessment of the
situation as well. It would seem to me that a poster, before asserting there is no solution to his
or her problem (even going so far as to proclaim, "If I knew how, I
would") ought to have realized that, since 99.9% of the posts come sailing through _without_
attachments, a simple solution is quite likely at hand.

It has, BTW, been my experience that Microsoft products usually place their preferences/options
menus under the "tools" menu.

--
Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press (which is in no way responsible for the opinion stated
above)