Re: Attachments

Leslie affirms:

> I agree that the rudeness does not lie with Rene. And I agree with Rene's
> assessment of the situation as well. It would seem to me that a poster,
> before asserting there is no solution to his or her problem (even going so
> far as to proclaim, "If I knew how, I
> would") ought to have realized that, since 99.9% of the posts come sailing
> through _without_ attachments, a simple solution is quite likely at hand.

All points well taken, yet I urge a gentler approach. One may be an old hand
at XyWrite and a great asset to this list, yet be unfamiliar with Microsoft's
burdensome bloatware and the full consequences thereof. A little tact goes a
long way, and it is inappropriate to assume that these attachments are
intentionally sent. Some of us know how it works (more or less). Not everyone
does.

But attachments DO bog us down, some more than others, and it is well worth
pointing out that some servers are configured to reject any e-mail with
attachments.

The very help you need, dear listmember, may lie in a XyUser behind one of
those firewalls. So for the maximum benefits of list membership (and to avert
Rene's righteous wrath), one is better off reconfiguring to send mail in its
most streamlined form. When in doubt, regardless of your tools, read the
documentation however murky and geekish it might be.

Yours for peace, love and understanding,
Jeff