Re: Caution. A virus has been posted to the list

Neville wrote:

> According to McAfee virus checker the attachment to an email from essence@xxxxxxxxxxx
> containing an attachment titled    hanson.scr   is infected by a virus called  W32/MTX@M

It may and it may not. I have seen some false positives from McAfee recently, including one from a
file that has been on my system for years, unflagged by numerous prior DATfiles. After DAT-4092,
McAfee's OS/2 product is pretty useless, crashing all the time. How this happens with changes to
the virus signatures and not the engine, I have no idea. I've filed a report, but they show little
interest in doing anything about it. Per newsgroup reports, their Win-2000 product also has
serious problems. I think McAfee has been sliding precipitously downhill, and I plan to switch to
a competing antivirus product (probably SOPHOS), in the near future.

Jordan