Re: XY and on-line sessions

Hi, Andy:

>I'll also put in 32MB of RAM and a 4MB ATI video card that mates to the PCI
>bus. A fast CD-ROM, a high-speed 1GB SCSI backup . . .

Recommended: get a second hard-drive for backup. Prices are probably cheaper
for a 1 gig harddrive than for a 1 gig tape drive. True, you can't remove
the drive, but if you get a bigger drive for backup than you have for your
main drive, it works well. My new system, bought in October, has an 850 Meg
C: drive and a 1.2 Gig D: Backup is then done quickly via the xcopy command
(in a batch file). And I have all the backed up stuff online for when I want
it (which is about once a week).

I know, I know, you're going to say any finite backup drive will get filled
up. Well, diet! ;-)

Regards,

     Harry Binswanger
      hb@xxxxxxxx