Re: Useful Utility

J R FOX wrote:
No, what I meant was that a registry restore by ERDNT
is specific to the partition ERUNT created the
registry backup for. I don't think there is any way
to "reach across the border" and restore the registry
on a *different* boot partition, from the registry
backup saved there. (Or which was copied elsewhere as
an added safety measure.) But I could be wrong . . .
.
Well, on the W2K box at the office, I save my ERUNT registry backups
on a partition other than C:. Cannot recall off the top of my head
whether it's e: (data) or F: (utility, where I keep a copy of the
Windows install CD--in case it goes missing, as things have been known
to do over there--and all drivers). If I had a maintenance partition
(which is a great idea, except that I like to reinstall Windows
periodically as the only way to really clean it out), I'd keep the
ERUNT backups for it in a separate dir, and see no reason I couldn't
point to them if I needed to.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx