XyWrite versions info sought

I recently discovered this service after web-searching for XyWrite
information.

I purchased XyWrite in 1987 and have been happily using it since that
time. I have version 3.55. I also have a copy of XyWrite 4 (DOS) which I
have never taken the time to learn (because 3.55 is still so useful and
I have never felt the pressure to change).

Lately I have experienced minor inconveniences in trying to transfer
text to and from XyWrite 3.55 and more "modern" Windows applications. I
began web-searching to see if there were Windows-based versions of
XyWrite or other evolutions of the program. I suspect that these issues
have already been discussed in this forum. Can anyone please tell me how
to access such previous discussions in a systematic way? Alternatively,
could anyone direct me to another source of information, or provide
information directly, regarding the following questions--

How has XyWrite changed in subsequent versions?
Are there Windows versions of XyWrite?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of subsequent versions, in any
platform?
Are any non-XyWrite word processors now superior to XyWrite? (I have
experience with WordPerfect and Word, and consider them inferior in most
respects)
Is Nota Bene derived from XyWrite, and how does it compare to the
original?
As to any programs, where can they be obtained?

Thank you, and advance apologies if my nine years of ignorance is too
much to address in one chunk.