Re: XyQuest and XyWin

Thanks for your supportive words. I know you have been a longtime and active
customer and I certainly value your input.

We are currently rewiewing the market and looking at OS/2, among other things.
When we make any decisons on that front, I am sure you will hear about it
quilckly. You are not alone in urging us in this direction.

As to the keyboard, we were discussing that last week in Bilerica. I wil ltry
to get back to you about this, but I am pretty sure that you can in fact
reconfigure almost all of the keys (including alt keys), with the possible
exception of actual menu accelerators and the help key. Windows is pretty
aggressive in taking over certain keys, however, so whatever few limitations
there ultimately prove to be are probably very difficult to overcome.

Oor objective was always to to retain backward compaitbility with III+ macros
and help. Initially we did not achieve that entirely, but have continued to
work at at when particular incompatibilities were broght to our attention. We
recently made some additinal changes, and I will gove ypu an update on that
topic.

Finally, I am not sure why I didn't participate on the Boston BBS-- it wasn;t
deliberate, just something I never got into the routine of doing. Now that the

BBS is in Baltimore (and, I believe, available on our network direcrtly from my
worksstation) I do intend to participate there since it is my understanding
that a number of the more technical users like yourself congregate there
regularly.

In any event, your comments are appreciated.

K.