Solving Win7/XP/3.1 issues THREE

THREE

A special plea to Kari, Carl, Robert and competent others:

At this point in time, it is miles easier to install OS X in VirtualBox and get it running than it is to install Win 3.1 and DOS. The reason is that it is a popular install, and numerous guides for dummies, complete with links to the necessary binaries, are available. These are almost one-button solutions.

We need the same idiot proof procedures for, at the very least,

VPC 2007/Additions/Win3.1/DOS and VPC

I know it's a lot to ask from the more competent members of the group ! But I'm begging, and I am convinced it will help ensure the lifetime of our delightful but antiquated working environment.

May I suggest adding XyWrite to the pre-install?

And while we're at it, why not Adobe File Conversion Utilities for Win 3.1 and DOS, early Photoshop, and MS Office? Illustrator? Freehand? In other words, a working software museum?

We need someone to make the images; someone to prepare the appropriate webpage, and someone to host the material in some non-controversial place.