ADDPS

Dear SysOp,

Would you pass this on to whoever is working on the ADDPS program at TTG? At
tech support's suggestion, I tried the original ADDPS program for Xy4 (date
3-17-93) with XyW 4.014, and now I can get usable width tables, with a little
work. A bug in the earlier EDITOR had been part of the trouble.

The tables that ADDPS produces are garbled, though. Most of the lines have one
or two extra spaces and have the width value preceding instead of following the
equals sign. Instead of ilj=45 I will get il45j=, etc.--often with an extra
space or two to the left of the equals sign. Easy to fix but it takes time.
With a few exceptions, the width values are sound.

This holds true with various AFM files, for Adobe faces and for faces from
other foundries.

And things freeze when the Disk Maintenance routine is selected. A directory of
files to be deleted appears on screen, the Working . . . message appears, and
stays there. Takes Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.

All stuff that's easy to work around, and I can now get the Postscript faces I
want in the driver.

Thanks, RH