NEW IS BETTER?

I'd like a show of hands. How many of you will jump to Signature when (and if)
it hits the pavement? How many of you will stay with 3+ waiting for 4? (How
many will stay with v3.55 and wait for Godot?) Will the board split into a
forum on native XyWrite and another on Signature? Should I abandon my practice
of sending XyQuest an annual "wish list" of features I need in XyWrite? When's
the last time you saw an ad for XyWrite in a trade magazine? At the beginning
of 1988 Software Digest rated 3+ and WordPerfect neck-in-neck. My editor.exe
file is 2 years old, that's about the same age as the last computer I bought.
Is there some other piece of software or hardware out there that's 2 years old
and still "popular"? Sorry guys, but every time a new piece of hardware or
software comes thru the front door I see it as untold hours of re-tooling
everything I do. Not an event I look forward to. I'm curious enough about
developing technology to own several other word processors, but as a practical
matter, I have too much time invested in XyWrite to abandon it, even if XyQuest
closes its' doors tomorrow. At one time it seemed the wordprocessing world was
composed of one group who wrote and another that "published". Now we must all
publish or perish. Gotta go, I feel the urge to import a graphic comming on.
Cheers.