From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J R FOX
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 5:53 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: KMD vs. Cmd Command Processor (inside XP)

I expect there's a good chance this is covered in past
posts, and may be uncovered via XySearch, but . . .

[snip]

Early-discovered examples, so far: Windoze Explorer --
I thought it had gone AWOL, until I found it hidden in
My Documents (huh ?), and much less convenient to use
in its new incarnation.

[snip]

The new UI of XP in toto is just clumsy, obtuse, in
the way. Yeccch ! Maybe someone coming straight from
W95 would feel different, but I'd say even that is
debateable.

I realize that at this point XP is 6+ years old, but
I'm just finding this out now. I'm hoping with faint
hope that there might be some switch I can throw to
just have XP present the W2K UI, as it was.

Jordan