Re: Windows 98 compatibility

Susan,

Windows 98 is not a factor in the request to login. A friend copied a
Xywrite 4.017 for DOS to his computer that runs Windows 98. No problems.
It was a lot more stable than XyWin. The startup.int has a login command
that logs him in using a log file in the Xywrite directory. For example,
in my setup, the startup.int includes the line login oep. The Xywrite4
directory has the login file 'oep.log'. You may be missing either the
login command or the login file.

Ed Plummer

At 10:32 AM 8/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I'd appreciate any suggestions for running Xywrite 4 for Dos in Windows
98. It
>worked fine in Windows 3.1. When I try to install the program, I get a
message
>saying, "a DOS critical error has occurred." When I copied the program
into a
>folder and then tried to run it, it starts up fine and then at the command
line,
>I get a request to log on. I never specified a log on, or password, and
can't do
>anything but quit.
>Thanks for your help.
>Susan Jaffe
>e-mail: jaffe@xxxxxxxx

Dept of Botany/Plant Sciences
University of California          Decision Support
Riverside, CA 92521         on Human Issues and Markets
                   in a Culturally Diverse,
Tel: 909/ 787-4686           Information-Rich and
Fax: 909/ 787-4748            Computer-Assisted
Email: orlay.plummer@xxxxxxxx          World
    oeplummer@xxxxxxxx