peloton

>> Patricia,
It has to do with contemporary bicycle racing (with a clear
relation to platoon). Pelotons are a bunched group of riders taking
advantage of the physics of wind resistance to advantage a team
member; to "break away" is to choose a tactically advantageous moment
to sprint ahead of the group. I simplify. <<

Nice word. I should have known better but was assuming a misspelling, and that your intention was "paladin." I'm so used to seeing gross misspellings online that I forget sometimes I'm among actual wordsmiths.
Paladins (long before Richard Boone) were the heroic knights of Charlemagne, and the word also
has come to mean "any determined advocate or defender of a noble cause," which might also fit a group of XyWrite crusaders.

Jeff

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000437.