RE: Using XyWrite with XP OS

   )
   ) I think the missing piece of (hardware) info here --
   ) which may not be immediately apparent to everyone
   ) reading this thread -- is that you must have a
   ) dual-head video card to pull this off.

Yeah, that was my first question. I have, of course, heard of a dual monitor
setup but never really paid much attention to the details as to how you
actually make it work. I now have a matched set of 19 inch crt monitors and
plenty of desk space. This thread got me to thinking maybe I should give it
a try. But I recently bought a new video card, and if I have to buy another
new card...well I'm not so sure I want to spend the money. I'm guessing
there's no such thing as a "splitter" to use on my single port?

   ) Matrox was one
   ) of the first to introduce these, such as the G400 I've
   ) been using for several years. This is clearly an
   ) older model, as it has only 32meg. of Ram onboard --
   ) clearly intended for basic business app.s, as opposed
   ) to all of the gamer-oriented cards with beaucoup
   ) memory that are so plentiful these days. I'm not too
   ) conversant with what's on the market right now, but my
   ) suspicion is that the dual-head design is far from a
   ) standard feature, even now, and in any case one must
   ) do the research before buying.

-Brian H.