Re: DOS v Win encoding

Manuel Castelao wrote:
Question: is there any way to change the characters that fill the
window border and the ruler line? IN CP1252, they're a string of As
and ü (that's u umlautes) that are rather distracting.

Patricia,
No, as far as I know.
M. Castelao
Actually, there may be. I just looked in the Customization Guide
(which I should have done before asking), and there are two
defaults listed there that seem relevant: WB sets the Window
Border Characters, and RL sets the Ruler Markers. Of the latter,
one, the char for the marker for the cursor column, cannot be
changed, being always Char 176.
So now I need to get one of those tractates Robert mentioned that
list all the ASCI-ANSI values, compare with Table Speedos, and
see which ANSI chars correspond to the old ASCII ones.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx