Re: OT: Going without Norton

Thanks, Michael. I think you're right: I should have *something*. As to the
specifics, Flash recommends MailWasherPro for the email part.
Couldn't find the RH post on his experience with AV software, but if you use an e-mail client and get your mail from a university server, are you sure you don't want AV software? Yes, I could be absolutely safe and leave the mail on the server and use the university's e-mail manager to read it on the server and leave it there. A real chore, given their software. And if your e-mail is part of your research (the case here) then you want to download it. So I bite the bullet and use Norton Corporate 10.1, from what I read the least offensive of all the Norton products. Thought it's given me problems from time to time, it's also shagged at least two or three bugs a year, again unavoidable, I think, if you work through a large public server. I'd like to be convinced otherwise, however.

Michael Norman

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx