RE: smart words

At 12:20 PM 10/22/97 -0400, you wrote to the XyWrite mailing list:
>Well, I ought to jump in here.

And me too. (The joint is jumping!) I'm very interested in Smart Words,
and I can hand over sweaty banknotes to prove it. However, I need
footnotes, or at least endnotes. No notes, no Smart Words for me.

I appreciate that the Xy-using population on the mailing list may be
disproportionately biased toward footnote-using, university types; but even
so I suspect that footnoting is needed by a higher percentage of Xy-users
than of, say, MSWord-users.
Peter Evans