Re: archiving

Reply to note from Morris Krok  Sun, 01 Oct
2000 19:22:52 -0700

-> What archiving program one must use to send a Xywrite program
-> with all the embedded commands intact through the internet.

Use your mail program to append the program file as a binary
(Base64) attachment to an e-mail message. This assumes that your
recipient can decode the attachment at the receiving end; nowadays
most can. These being treacherous times, it's good practice to
describe the attachment clearly in the subject line and body of your
message. You should avoid sending attachments to mailing lists or
newsgroups (unless you enjoy being flamed!). Personally, I have no
problem with the occasional, SMALL attachment sent to this list,
provided that the subject matter is of general interest. Otherwise,
you're well advised to offer to send it privately to anyone
requesting it.

Jumbo U2 users can use our ENCODE routine to include XPL programs in
the *body* of an e-mail message, and the companion DECODE to
reconstitute the program at the receiving end. Reliable and
convenient.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx