Re: memory use

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Xy3's type F frames were great. They enabled hyperlinks -- boldface
> terms that linked to other text screens, menus or XPL routines.
> Wildly useful, and way ahead of their time! For some crazy reason,
> best known to IBM, these were eliminated in Xy4. Big, big loss.

Agreed.

> Ditto type 2 frames, which allowed Ascii characters to be selected
> from a menu.

Hmmm, so that's what happened to that one. The Ascii selecter frame,
and the one where you filled in the blank to find the nearest match,
were among my favorites from the standard Xy3 Help system. I always
wondered if they could be reintegrated back into the Xy4 Help system,
but it sounds like the answer is NO. I don't suppose there are any XPL
or U2 ways to finesse that limitation, either . . . ?

Jordan