From: Robert Hemenway [mailto:robhem@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 1999 10:57 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx; xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SmartWords

At 11:40 PM 3/17/99 -0500, Frank Kenneth B. wrote:

>3. Nota Bene does use the SmartWords editor as the basis for their product
>in much the same way it used XyWrite for its DOS product.
And in an earlier message he wrote of SmartWords--

> While this release is 16 bit (which can run in any Windows environment) .
... .

And another of Mr. Frank's messages said that SmartWords would run under
OS/2.

Puzzling. The Windows version that OS/2 uses is Windows 3.1. Nota Bene
programmers have said that they cannot recommend the Windows version of
Nota Bene, which is based on the SmartWords engine, for anything but
Windows 95+; they've had difficulties with Win 3.1 but hope to resolve them
later on.

And your TTG website, in the Free Software section, shows a SmartWords
demo, still TK, that requires Win 95.

Will SmartWords in fact run on my machine, with OS/2 and Win 3.1?

TIA for clarification,

Robert Hemenway