How far XPL be pushed?

With great reluctance I beginning to work more with (hold nose) MSWord
these days.
The reason for that is Translation Memory Software. I would love to
continue using XY and have the flexibility and transparencz of its
Lego-like components, but TM is simply too useful to ignore.

What it does is it segments a source file into pieces (sentences, phrases,
etc), adds a delimiter in front and at the end of a segment, and then makes
another, empty segment underneath. It then gives one a choice to either
copy the original phrase, or use a pre-translated phrase which it suggests
from its database (in form of a large, tab-delimited database file, which
it automatically builds during the process).

Now, some programs which do this (for example WordFast, which I am using
currently) are nothing else but an oversized Word macro. What I am
wondering is is: If such functionality can be programmed with Virtual Basic
(or whatever Wurgh macros use), could the same be done with XPL?

If so, that would be GREAT news. I, for one, would certainly be willing to
pay for such a pgm file.

Curious

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)