Re: CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2

Here's another nasty problem with xywin under OS/2. Is this one also
well-known? Has it a fix (other than simply running xywin and all of
your other windows apps in from the program manager in a single win-OS2
session?)

If I try to run xywin "seamless" from the OS2 desktop and have occasion
to close it, it disappears from the windows list, from the minimized
applications folder, etc. But its still running somewhere. Its icon
keeps its grey halo, and I can't restart it no way, no how, short of
rebooting.

Kind of similar to the problem of restoring xywin from the Win95 task
bar, just much worse.

BTW, the same thing happens if I start xywin as in a separate win-os2
session and appears to be gotten around only by first opening a
fullscreen win-os2 session and then starting xywrite in it.

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560
i: aneedell@xxxxxxxx; CServe: 71461,1115; tel 202/357-2828
          fax: 202/786-2947