Re: Re-formatting from Vista to XP

≪You don't "have" to do any of that. In fact, I don't recommend it. It really
speaks volumes about the expectations and capabilities of users (ease of use,
don't need to know nuthin'); and these were shaped (let's face it) by the Mac. ≫

I think we've had this discussion before. The question is, do you want to spend your time sharpening
the chisel, or carving the statue? Ultimately the OS is only a platform for the applications you
want to use; a means, not the end. I too deplore the dumbing down of many GUIs--which may or may not
indicate that the OS behind it has also been dumbed down.