Re: XYWin hogs CPU

At 02:34 PM 2/15/2008, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Paul,
You say XyWin--does that mean you are not using Xy4, but the old Xy-for-Windows product? If so, I missed that. Tame is for DOS's Xy4. On the other hand, if you are indeed using Xy4 (e.g., version 4.018) and you are getting the strange behavior you mention, I am at a loss (without being able to see what's actually going on on your particular system). Perhaps Michael Norman has a suggestion.
TAME is not for WIN apps. It plays havoc with Notabene so I'm not
surprised XyWin misbehaves under it. And I'm not sure why you'd need
it. TAME is intended to give some windows' screen handling and screen
appearance to DOS apps. The expense aside, why not just move up to NB?
Michael Norman