Re: Messing with AUTOEXEC.BAT

//--- forwarded letter
> Subject: Re: Messing with AUTOEXEC.BAT

> >  David,
> >    Were you able to save your old desktop, and if so -- how? I can't
> make up my mind whether to switch to Warp now (I'm running the full > version
of 2.11) -- which is what I want to do, or wait until the
> full version comes out in January. I have a very full desktop, and
> really don't want to redo the whole thing, which, if I have to reformat

Well, I had been messing with the beta and reorganizing so when I used warp
beta I redid the whole thing. When I went from beta to the GA I used deskman/2
and it worked fine (modula a few tunings).
I *think* deskman/2 (or the equivalent) should worked from 2.1 to warp but I
certainly can't testify.
>From the traffic on the os2 groups on the net I have noticed an outbreak of
GUI disease: people complaining about such and such not working or being buggy
or feature lack, and then lo and behold they hadn't RTFM or gone through the
appropriate on line tutorial. Maybe it should be called Macintosh disease; the
idea that since its all icons and button pushes you don't have to know anything
or read anything to get what you want. By the way, I had totally forgotten one
nice feature of a slip connection (included in the warp); not only does os/2
multitask but slip allows more than one "connection"; so your newsreader can be
collecting news, while your ftp client is collecting files, while you're doing
email. And the amount of drag and drop is impressive.

> the drive for Warp, is very likely. Before, even thru the betas, I've
> been able to use a utility to back up the desktop, then restore it, but
> with the totally new look, I'm not sure that will work.
>   BTW, mail to your address gets bounced.

Shouldn't. I get lots of mail. Do you have the right address (sorry, obvious
question): auerbach@xxxxxxxx

> > Harmon Seaver > hseaver@xxxxxxxx

David Auerbach                   auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion