Re: Messing with AUTOEXEC.BAT

I talked yesterday with an OS2 techie (after the usual half hour of being
shunted from one voice mailbox niche to another, and finding that IBM's
recorded information about OS2 doesn't even mention Warp). I got answers to 2
questions that concerned me. The good news is that Warp supports a wider range
of CD-ROMs, including my NEC CDR-260. It is not a new model; IBM's lack of
interest in supporting it in v. 2.11 dissuaded me from installing the latter a
year ago. The other news (which users no doubt already know) is that Warp not
only doesn't replace Windoze, it doesn't even replace DOS. I am willing to
replace an operating system setup (DOS 6 + WFW 3.11) that works perfectly well,
but not to add another on top of it. So I will wait for the full version in
January, by which time the bugs will be more apparent and, I hope, the fixes
available.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania