Re: Telco Control Addiction

David Auerbach wrote:
"Some will rob you with a six-gun, others with a fountain pen"
 (in the poet's immortal words).
But you're right. "highway robbery" *is* equivocal. It could mean *robbery on highway* or *robbery of the highway*.
I don't think that's what Harry meant by equivocation. And of
course I was using "highway robbery" in its traditional sense:
robbery on the [king's] highway--so that it was a higher-level
crime than, say, robbing some poor peasant's orchard. But under
modern conditions, the other meaning could well apply.
Which poet was that? I was trying to work in C.S. Lewis's line
about "Who cares what color shirt/ [or suit] The murdering Party
wears" (written during the 30s, in rebuke to Roy Campbell's
flirting with fascism).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@xxxxxxxx