Re: Looking for XyWrite

Mark_D_Garvey@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Fair enough, Leslie, though I maintain the analogy as you drew it is a weak
> one.

Oh very well. Let's not dwell on it!

> I'm aware of the improvements XY4 presents--it's just that I've never felt
> their lack, at least as far as my writing is concerned.

Fine, then, as I said, stick with what you have!.

> I think our choices
> on these things are--like our choices in religion, perhaps--largely based
> in aesthetics and our own comfort.

Absolutely.

> After all, someone trying to sell you on
> Word would offer you similar-sounding arguments about all the extra
> flexibility and function you could gain by leaving XY4 for an MS product.

Yup.

> I think we can unite, however, over the matter of the moronic animated Word
> paper-clip, a bit of anthropomorphic evil I'm forced to contend with in the
> workplace.  (Can I get a witness?)

I have learned that if you don't want the paperclip you have to
reinstall the whole danged program!

> An interesting discussion might be developed on the theme of how we
> XY-lovers adapt (or rebel) in the office.

Not a problem here at Columbia. All the manuscript editors use it. So do
other university presses. It's still the best at formatting and
searching and replacing.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press