DosBox

I think perhaps some of you have used DosBox, the DOS emulator.

XySearch is unavailable, so I'll ask the group:
Do you have any idea why XyWrite IV (4.018?) crashes DosBox on my Mac iBook, while XyWrite III+ and II+ work fine?
DosBox crashes before Xy4 even reaches the point of writing anything
on the screen, so it must be something in Editor.exe itself that
conflicts with DosBox or how it is set.
The DosBox support groups are either way over my head technically, or
devoted completely to various DOS games. Not a mention of XyWrite to
be found!

Myron