Re: Win-style undo?

Reply to note from "C. Caballero"
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:47:33 -0600 (MDT)

-> Carl, I'm very intrigued by your use of the delete key for
-> coffee reminders. I'm going to try out your key assignment and
-> see if I can hone it a little--just to the point where XyWrite
-> actually grinds the coffee, taps it into the espresso machine,
-> and brews me a double espresso.

Actually, Carlo, this is quite do-able, at least under OS/2 -- with
a package called House/2 which controls household electrical
appliances. With the XyWrite-OS/2 Shell, any command that can be
issued within the OS can be launched from the Xy CMline (or .KBD
file), so....

Similar software must be available for other OSes (I doubt that Bill
Gates uses OS/2 to control his lights -- Linux, more likely), so a
cross-platform solution to the problem of grabbing an espresso
without leaving the home position should be close at hand. As
Robert says, we're working on it.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/